Thursday 23 October 2008

SBS21 Challenge

This card is for our SBS 21 challenge. The brief is a sketch layout, plus using something or, some technique that you haven't used before. I decided to try some resist stamping. I have tried this but each effort has been consigned to the bin so far and never made it to a card.
I used Inque Boutique's Silhouettes to stamp the forground in white Stayzon and heat embossed it with white powder. I then inked the card with green at the bottom and blue at the top, trying to pull them together in the middle.
The flowers and leaves are highlighted with white stickles to achieve a frosty effect which unfortunately doesn't show on the photograph. Silly me had the bird stamped underneath the ribbon (derrr....) so I had to restamp it, cut it out and attach it to the ribbon. It is finished off with the two hearts (as per the sketch) which I don't particularly like. I'm going to have to do something about this, perhaps use blue, or green hearts - suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi Heather.....sorry I've been away from your blog so long....my sister was visiting with me from about 700 miles away and I don't get to see her near enough.
This card is gorgeous!!! I love the blues and greens....BEAUTIFUL!!
And I love your note booklet made with a bind it all....VERY NICE!!
And thanks for your sweet note. :-)

de said...

Rica! You go girl with the challenge accomplishment! I need to get mine in! This is very beautiful! You made me laugh when you said the bird was under the ribbon. I HATE when that happens! I think the hearts are cute, but I have seen some people on other challenges just interpret that as just using some type of embellish ment there. Keeping with your theme, it could be maybe a butterfly? But I really think the card is beautiful! And I love your technique!

carolann said...

Awesome card hun xxxxxx

Unknown said...

WOWzers! This is beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...