Tuesday 20 January 2009

House Mouse challenge 21 - colour challenge

This weeks House Mouse challenge is a colour challenge.
Cameo Coral (a slightly peachy pink), OLD olive (a rich olive green) and Night of Navy (navy blue in its finest)
When I first saw this I was somewhat daunted but - hey - that's what a challenge is all about and I ended up thoroughly enjoying it. I'm not sure my colours are exact but they are what I had available.
I thought I had better get my sewing machine out as 'Gruffie' is using his. I stitched round the edges of the green and the peach. I coloured the image with a mixture of pastels and watercolours. The sentiment is computer generated and I decided I didn't want it too flowery so I added one of the circular flowers I have seen on various blogs. I did decorate the inside of the card (I'm nearly on track this year - about 99% as opposed to about 50% last year) but I couldn't photograph this without it being blurred for some strange reason.

Materials
Green paper - HOTP
Peach & Blue - Core-dinations
Iamge - House Mouse - not sure of title of this one
Derwent pastels & watercolours
Cuttlebug & Round nestabilities
Leone Em branch punch
Sewing machine
Rest from stash

15 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Just love this card. The colour combo is lovely and that image has got so much character. Hugs from Desire

Andrea said...

Lovely and so cute!

Andrea said...

Lovely and so cute!

Tara said...

Aw, this is a beauty, I haven't seen this image before! I love the stitching you've added, looks fab! xx

Georgia said...

I think this is one of the cutest images I've ever seen! Such a pretty card and the stitching really finishes it off!

Love, Georgia xxxx

Carolyn Bounds said...

You have managed to create another awe-inspiring creation!!! How do you do it time and time again?! I love this beauty...and the image...and your coloring...and the sewing... and...I could go on and on!!! What a wonderful birthday surprise this will be:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Dawn said...

Aww Heather
I haven't seen this stamp before it's adorable - gorgeous colouring!

Hugs
Dawn
xx

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Heather! You have really worked these colors! A perfect design for this HM image which is colored beautifully I might add!
I'm always in awe of your artwork!!!
Blessings, Maria

Linda said...

This is a really cute card! I hadn't seen that image. I, too, used colors I had on hand. They're pretty close, I think!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Rica!

What a truly amazing card. This is just adorable. Your coloring is super fantastic.

Stacy Morgan said...

This is so sweet and pretty! I love the image and great coloring.

Leigh said...

I like this card especially the layout and the image.

Jean McKenzie said...

Such a cute image and I love the way you did the layout - the ribbon sets it all off nicely.

Deb Riell said...

Great Card!! It makes me want nestabilities...Your coloring is very nice and I really like the image.

Els G. said...

Love your card! It's perfection!!!
Els
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...