Wednesday 4 March 2009

Truly Scrumptious #2

Challenge 2
Wow, what an amazing response to our first challenge! It was great to see so many entries, including email entries, and we really enjoyed looking at your cards.
We have used Random.Org to select our first winner who will receive the two Easter stamps from Alota Rubber Stamps. Our winner is Iris - Paper Crafting in Cocoa. Please email us with your address and we will arrange for your prize to be sent to you.

Onto our next challenge. We have another sketch for you this time, but there is more. We would like to see some handmade buttons on your card. They can be made from anything; paper, card, fabric, shrink plastic, acetate, fimo.... but they must be made by you. Our sponsor for this challenge is Sketching Stamper Digi Stamps. Christine has designed a range of gorgeous digital stamp images, some of which have been used by our Design Team. The winner of this challenge will get to choose eight images to download.
Here is the sketch:

Well - by the time I'd finished this challenge I had more misshapen, deformed buttons in my house than you would believe. Shrink plastic - I think I'll give up on that stuff, Fimo - I think I'd better give up on that as well. I ended up cutting my buttons out of some lizard skin effect furry type fabric with my cuttlbug. I tried piercing holes in them and using thread to tie them, that didn't look right so I eventually resorted to using small pink pearls as button holes. The papers are a download from Digital Scrapbook Art and I used one of Chris's amazing digi images which I coloured with watercolours, glittered her dress and matted her on to circles cut with nesties. The sentiment is computer generated.

Materials
BC - Bazzill : BP - Download from Digital Scrapbooking Art : Image - Sketching Stamper digi-stamps : Rowney watercolours : Cuttlebug + round nesties & heart die : rest from stash

20 comments:

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Heather. Love the image and the colouring is beautiful. Love the papers and the buttons also. Michele x

Karen said...

Beautiful !!!

love Karen xxx

Moni said...

Fab card, love the colouring and the image is gorgeous. Great paper you used! Hugs, moni

Chris said...

Fabulous card Heather and you made me laugh about the buttons! Your colouring is fantastic, I love the papers and the heart shaped buttons are just perfect. Hugs, Chris xxx

Powerful Search Engine said...

Great card Heather I love the buttons too. Hugs Pascale :)

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Heather,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

Nicole Bailey said...

Oh Heather your card is so pretty. Love how you colored in the image...and the papers are just so pretty. :O)

Danita said...

Heather, your card is fantastic!!! I love how you colored her!!! The words are a perfect fit!!! I love everything about it, it just feels so right!!! Great job with the challenge!!!

I laughed to reading about your button fiasco, MINE was the exact same thing!!! I gave up!!! Too funny!!!

Torico said...

Wow!Such a lovely card!It looks like sweet chocolate to me.(^^)
Thank you for your comment on my blog.

torico X

Tasha said...

Beautiful card Heather
love tasha xx

Nancy said...

Great card! I love the image and how you colored her.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Very, VERY beautiful!! I love the images & your buttons are fab. I wouldn't know where to start! :)

Heather "Hev" said...

This is beautiful :)
Love the colours and patterns - great use of the sketch!

Have a nice day!
Heather

Laura (Faerielore) said...

fab card i love this image shes gorgeous and coloured beautifully xxx

Laura (Faerielore) said...

would you mind hun if i asked the web address of where you buy the manga sytle 'digi stamps' from. xxx

gina g said...

beautiful card love these images think i'm off in a min to get some lol. luv gina xx

Lorraine A said...

Lovely card Heather, the heart buttons are lovely :-) Think I'll go and have a go at this challenge now !!
Glad your finger's better n hope your cold is better too !!
Lorraine

Larissa said...

Great card Love how you colored the girl! Pink and brown look so good together!

Hugs,
Larissa

Helen said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colours and papers!
Helen x

Christine said...

Stunning card Rica love it all brill.

Christine xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...