Saturday 16 May 2009

Colour Create #16

It is the fabulous Kim's turn to host this week's challenge at Colour Create this week. This week's challenge has been created by our lovely Kim. I'm sure she needs very little introduction as her cards are adored throughout blogland. Kim definitely loves her Magnolia stamps and I am so delighted to tell you that she has been asked to be part of the Magnolia Design Team......... yes, THE Magnolia Design Team!!!!! Congratulations Kim!!! Hop over and take a look at her work if you get a few minutes - it's amazing!!!

Here is your colour combination then:



For this week's extra option we would like you to add gloss, glitter or glaze to your creations (or all three if you like), but please remember that this is not compulsory. I can assure you that we have all included this element somewhere on our projects, but you may just have to zoom in to pick it up!

*************************

As soon as I saw Kim's fab colour choice I knew exactly what I wanted to do. When I first saw Stempelglede's beautiful Maribel I wanted....no needed her. She is not my usual type of stamp but so beautiful !!! It took me a while to find out where to purchase her from, then Stempelglede brought out their Grunge set - that was it - had to have. The postage was exhorbitant but a girl has to spoil herself sometimes - doesn't she? I've had the stamps for some weeks now and played around with them but not seriously used them.


The backing paper is download fron designer digitals which I printed onto cream parchment paper and lightly stamped corners with stamp from the grunge collection. I stamped Maribel many times but wasn't getting a good enough impression so I popped over to Gunhild's blog (Gunhild designs the stamps) where she has a tutorial on colouring Maribel. Ahhh - that's where I was going wrong - she needs stamping on shiny cardstock - couldn't find any in my stash (it's there somewhere) so I used glossy photographic paper which I think is perhaps a little to shiny. Has anyone tried inking on Photo paper - this is something I'm going to have to practise. I eventually got an image I was happy with but if you want to see some really amazing creations pop over to the Stempelglede blog - wowee - you'll be gob-smacked.
I finished the card with some flowers and leaves . The leaves are actually a tan colour but look brown in the photograph. My glossy is the image printed on glossed photo paper and the small roses are glittered although it doesn't really show.


I have to confess I haven't done the inside of this card yet - it took me too long to do the outer (lol). Sorry for this longer than usual post - I could go on but I'll stop here.

24 comments:

Tab said...

Wow, wow, wow! OMG Heather your card is stunning I just love it! The image is divine and the flowers are super delsih, beautiful layout too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, wow, wow what a fantastic card ! I absolutely adore the image you have used and have saved everything you have said in my favourites so I can have a good read later. How much was the postage, was it really that bad ? I love the grunge set they have. You will have to tell me all about it !
Your flowers are amazing too - a truly stunning card.

Have a great week,

Hugs,

JO x

Anonymous said...

wow, wow, stunning Heather.. love it all :)
Hugs, Marlene x

Rastlinica said...

What a lovley card. I am glad to find you blog. You are making beautiful things!!

Karen said...

WOW ! ABSOLUTELY GORJUS ! I love all your cards but this one has taken my breath away. STUNNING !

Love Karen xxx

Unknown said...

absoloutly stunning card i did pop over to see her most gorgeous creations one very talented lady and right up my street romance romance.....shame i cant order one though...aw well just have to dribble looking at you stunning creations...hugs sassyxxxx

de said...

Oh wow Heather! This is amazingly beautiful! Soft, muted colors and the image, wow!

Tova said...

GORGEOUS !!!!!

Tova said...

GORGEOUS !!!!!

Moni said...

Waw so fab card, love the image and the details are gorgeous! Have a nice day, and thanks for the email! Hugs, moni

Dawn Gallop🐝 said...

OMGosh!!! Heather this card is simply breathtaking!!! Gorgeous!!! Amazing!! Hugs, Dawn

Crafting Queen said...

Hi Heather, this is a stunning card, love the image. You did a wonderful job with the image.
Thank you for your lovely comments on my cards. I am doing ok thanks for asking. GFIL is doing is recovering from the stroke. Hope that all is well with you?
Hugs Anesha

Tara said...

This is sooooooo gorgeous Heather and now i want...... no need..... that stamp too! Isn't it lovely to be able to create something a little bit different? I can safely say this is a bit of a jaw dropper my friend! xx

Riet said...

Ohhhh wowwww Heather,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colour.
So gorgeous papers and flowers.


Hugs Riet.x

Georgia said...

Hi Heather,
This is such a beautiful card, the image is lovely, really eyecatching - and I love the little pearls you've used! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Chris said...

Really fabulous card Heather, just love that stamp and the way you've coloured her! All the flowers and leaves, well everything are totally stunning. Hugs, Chris xxx

strawberry fields said...

This is so pretty x

Torico said...

Amazing work,Heather!How beautiful!
I love Gunhild's creations too.

torico XX

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh, Heather! WOWZERS!!!! I am gobsmacked at YOUR creation here, sweetie!!! It is super duper stunningly beautiful!!!! I just absolutely adore it...the colours are so pretty, all the details, the flowers, everything is heaven!!!
Hugs,t

debby4000 said...

Oh wow this is truly stunning.
luv
Debby

Christine said...

Another stunner of a card Heather, dont know how you keep coming up with them ALL brill.

Christine xx

Dawn said...

Awww Heather I have had my eye on these stamps for yonks!!! So expensive though - I wish Gunhild would get a supplier here - they'd be snapped up in seconds...

She makes a stunning card and it's just sublime...
I have often stamped on glossy paper and photo paper - it take s a bit of getting used to.
I have a photo real stamp and oooh they are a menace to stamp...


Hugs
Dawn
xx

Simone said...

What a gorgeous card! I live this romantic look and this lace!
Simone

stephanne said...

Holy Smokes Heather!! This is just beautiful, every piece of it amazingly composed. Such thought you put into your beautiful creations, every one of them stunning. Love it. You've done it perfectly.
Stephanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...