Wednesday 17 March 2010

Truly Scrumptious DT

A fabulous sketch over at Truly Scrumptious this week, with the optional extra of quilting.
I think I go hold of the wrong end of the stick - yet again - when it came to the optional extra. I have a jacket with a quilted lining and used that as my guideline and scored my papers to look like my quilted jacket.
This week Sharon's embellishment shop Truly Scrumptious Crafts is sponsoring our challenge. You will find a lovely selection of ribbons, buttons and charms, all at fantastic prices.

I use this gorgeous Tilda and coloured her with distress inks, glitteed her petticoats and hair ribbons, though this hardle shows, but just look at the glittering on the flowers - I love stardust stickles on black the results are simply stunning!!  I've used the Nellie Snellon square nesties to sit Tilda on and the papers are Bo Bunny which I scored on my Scorpal then lightly inked them so the score lines would be more prominent. The sentiment is Papermania and stamped onto a banner from Magnolia's winter collection. The border is from Spellbinders Spades set and everything else is from stash.

And here is the sketch. 

26 comments:

Moni said...

Hi Heather, stunning card as always, so love the colour combo. Tilda is so cute and fab coloured! Great take on the sketch! Have a nice rest of the day! Hugs,moni

Kahvinpapu said...

This is awesome card! I love black and white colours and stamp is so sweet!
Have nice day!

Danielle said...

Gorgeous card Heather! I love the B&W and Tilda is beautifully coloured! I love your quilted effect with the scored panel too!
Hugs, Danielle

Christine said...

Hi Heather another stunner love this Tilda fab colouring great DT's love it all.

Hugs Christine xx

Sharon said...

Wow Heather, a really stunning card. I think the scoring is really effective and Tilda is beautifully coloured; I struggle to colour with the black soot for some reason.

Iren said...

What a fab card Heather!!! So elegant :)

Hugs

Pattie G said...

Oh Heather, this is so pretty. I love the way you colored Tilda with gray tones.

hugs
Pattie

Michele Roos said...

Oh such a gorgeous card Heather. Love the colours you've used and the sweet image also. Hugs Michele x

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Beautiful! Luv the colour scheme. Fab colouring.

xoxo,
Lori

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, love the colouring of your image. Elements work so well together. Anesha :)

Sue said...

Oh Heather
this is gorgeous i luv the colour combo its striking, beautiful creation hun, sue,x

America said...

oh my gosh. Im IN LOVE here...again!! LOL! The black and white are wonderful together with that beautiful coloring of yours. WOW! Your talent sooooo amazes me woman! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow so elegant !!! I 'm really in love with the big black flowers !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Dawn said...

Aaah I just love B & W - this is stunning, your colouring is just so beautiful

Hugs
Dawn
xxx

Jackie Thomas said...

Gorgeous card Heather. Love her in black and white and the quilting looks amazing. xo Jackie

Unknown said...

Stunning card, love the black and white theme too!! Your quiting is perfect, what a fabulous idea,
Angela x

cheryl said...

wow stunning card adorable tilda and super super detail hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

Paula (PEP) said...

I just had to leave a comment as I think this is stunning. There's such an elegance in the black & white combined with glitter. It really shows that "cute" CAN be sophisticated. Thanks.
Paula
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Barbara said...

Heather, this is so gorgeous! I love the black and white theme and the quilting is a very fun extra! I love it a lot!

Barb

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous card Heather, love the sweet Tilda and the striking black and white colours.
luv
Debby

Dena said...

Totally fab Heather! It is a very striking card! Love it!
Hugs, Dena

Anonymous said...

such a nice card!
Hugs Elma

Eulanda said...

This is just an amazing card!! I like how you layered the middle pieces and really like how you quilted both your paper behind your image and your bg paper. What a great coloring job too!

Tasha said...

Oh this is so pretty, i love the monochrome colour combo and the fab border punch!
love tasha xx

Anonymous said...

i truthfully adore your writing type, very remarkable.
don't give up as well as keep penning in all honesty , because it simply worth to read it.
impatient to looked over way more of your own content articles, have a great day :)

Sandra said...

Your card is gorgeous!Love Tilda in B/W. Your DP is beautiful.

Hugs
Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...