Saturday 26 June 2010

Time for another challenge at Basic Grey and this week it's a photograph inspirations chosen by me.You can use any aspect of the photograph you like, the colours, the shapes, the fruit, the design - anything  - just don't forget to use at least one Basic Grey product to be in with a chance of winning the fantastic prize of a $25 gift voucher from our fabulous one and only sponsor Simon Says Stamp.

Here is my card - I have to admit I looked at the photo and thought - ooooh what am I going to do with that?
I decide to go with the colours of the fruit and the fresh ice of the fruit cocktail (or whatever it is). My first thought on seeing food is House Mouse - these little mousies love their food, especially fruit. I received this image from my fabulous friend Scoopy Sue, thanks hun, couldn't have done it without you!! I coloured my image with Copics and then decided to add glossy accents to the ice lolly - eeeeek!!! they all went gloopy and horrible, carefully scraped it off and added another 'breed' - same results - they are old and I think must have gone off. Can someone please recommend a good make of glossy accents - not that I will be able to buy them here. Right, binned the first then stamped and coloured another image. The papers I used are from the Obscure range - I liked the colours and the round berry like pattern. I used the MS punch on the corner strips and added leaves, cut with a Woodware punch, and the dew drops to represent the berries. I think the cat thought these were edible as I caught him trying to pull them off - he's in disgrace yet again!!

Copics used
Mice  -  Left mouse the C's   Middle mouse the E50's  Right mouse the E30's
Ice lolly - Strawberry - R00, R20/22/27/29   Orange - YR00/02/04/07 - 
Lemon - Y00/02/06/08
Grass -  G00/G20

Hope you all have a brilliant weekend - it's going to be a scorcher of a day here that's for sure - could just do with that ice lolly!!
Photobucket

12 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Heather,i love the image and the papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Marley said...

Beautiful card Heather!! Such a great image and awesome coloring! Love what you did with the borderpunch xx Marley

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, Heather this is stunning. Love the colours just wonderful. I find the Ragers gloss accents work well for me or the Dawn Bibby one is ok but take a bit longer to dry. Have a great weekend.

Sandra1968 said...

Wow, Heather, this card is gorgeous! And the ice cream just looks yummy :-)
And I love those little berries too.
Have a nice and sunny day!
Hugs, Sandra

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Heather. I love those meeces and the papers are fab.
Hope you are having a good weekend ... its scroching here, I could do with an ice lolly myself!!
Hugs
Cathy xx

Moni said...

Gorgeous card, and love the image and fab colouring! Hugs;moni

Sue said...

Hi Heather
wow hun this is stunning, your colouring is fantastic,gorgeous papers & design, sue,x

cheryl said...

wow heather this is stunning,the coulrs and detail on this just perfection,hugs cheryl xxx

Anonymous said...

wow- a wonderful card!
hugs
Elma

Lori Barnett said...

HELLO!!! This is soooooo cute!!

Christine said...

Hi Heather wow another cuteee HM these meecses look so cool...love the DP stunning colouring Iv'e started using Anitas glossy accents(Docraft)cheaper too..my Inkssentials went gloopy..

Hugs Christine xx

Christine said...

Wow, Heather, your card is gorgeous. I love your coloring style. So glad to be joining you on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog team.
xoxo, Christine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...