Sunday 8 August 2010

Four Challenges

I don't usually colour images in advance but last week I did a few one night and aren't I glad.
Now I'm not supposed to being my eyes for close work these images have come in so useful and at least I can put a few cards together without any further strain to my eyes. I can't wait to get my specs on Wednesday and be able to see properly again.


This started off being for Mo's digital challenge - Things with wings, but it also fits Cute card Thursday's" theme 'Whateva'
and Flutterby Wednesday who require butterflies, fairies or angels and out favourite colour (I'm not sure I have a favourite colour but I do seem to have been using turquoise a lot lately. And because I didn'te assemble the card until yesterday I got to use the fab sketch at Friday Sketchers .

The image is Mo's Fairy Kiki and coloured with distress ink and wings glittered with Stardust stickles. The papers are DCWV's Linen Closet, the tag is cut freehand, the hearts with Spellbinders and I gathered the ribbon either side of the image and practically covered the cross panel up altogether. The butterfly is a old stamp of unknown origin, coloured with distress inks then glittered and I've just noticed one of the pearls is coming off - that one did not want to stick. Right - we shall re-photograph it, pearl in tact but not just yet - eyes are now aching.


I'd just like to say thank you for all your lovely comments whilst I'm incapacitated (ooh long word!!) I do appreciate them.
Photobucket

26 comments:

Beccy said...

OMG this is adorable - love everything about it especially those papers and the way you have done the ribbons.

Beccy x

Renkata said...

wow Heather, this is so precious image and beautiful colouring.
Amaizing details.

celia said...

Woauw Heather...wat is dit schitterend gedaan!Het is prachtig!Knappe kleuren!Super lief afdrukje!Ik heb woorden tekort!!!
Heel veel liefs,Celia.

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Heather, your image is so beautifully coloured!
Clairex

Sue said...

Hi Ya Hun
gorgeous card as always, fabulous colouring, beautiful papers & embelies, lovely design, no go strainin ya eyes, sue,x

Chris said...

A fabulous card Heather and your colouring is amazing and so beautiful. It's a gorgeous image and design, I love the ruffled ribbon and sparkly butterfly. Sorry to see you're having eye strain, I know how awful that is but good you're having new glasses, roll on Wednesday for you. Hugs, Chris xx

angelwhispers said...

Just amazing this image is a must have and is just delightful. Love the colours you have used and the papers and embellishments are beautiful.

Love Chanelle xxx

Julie said...

A real sweetie Heather, a lovely card

Anja said...

Wow - I really love your great card! Your colouring is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Hugs, Anja

Jackie said...

stunning. x

Paula (PEP) said...

Delightful variety of turqouises & greens. Love those fluffy ribbon gatherings & the wings of the image. Just scrumptious & sat looking at it for ages. Take care of those eyes.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

wow- what a cute image! Love your card hugs Elma

Laura (Faerielore) said...

oh my word, how stunning is this card !!!! this image is just too cute for words xxx

Lora said...

This is just gorgeous Heather! Love the colours you have usedand your colouring of the super sweet image is fantastic!
Hugs Lora xx

Elaine L. said...

This is very pretty! I love the way you've used the ribbon, and that butterfly is lovely. Thanks for joining the fun in Mo's Challenge this week.

Tasha said...

Heather this is out of this world beautiful, the details are fabulous, i love the colourand the glitter! So stunning
love tasha xx

C said...

Totally adorable! So glad you got to share this adorable image.

Georgia said...

Aww, this is adorable Heather! I love the cute image and your colouring is fabulous! Gorgeous colours and the butterfly is sooo pretty! :) Love, Georgia xx

Karen said...

TOTALLY STUNNING cards Heather all are truely gorjus.

Love Karen x

Barbara said...

Oh, Heather, this card is amazing!! I love the colors and the image is a masterpiece of shading and dimension! Fantastic!

Barb

Danni said...

This is beautiful!! Wow! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Julie said...

Wowsa, Rica!! Absolutely stunning and such beautiful colouring!! Take care, Juliexx

paola said...

An absolute masterpiece, colored to perfection, and what a great choice of colors, awe inspiring! thanks for joining us at Mo's
smiles
Paola

Rosette said...

Awesome card Heather!!Glasses or no glasses, your colouring is awesome, and I love the layout as well. Hugs and hope you'll be 100% feeling well soon! xx

Sandra1968 said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous! And those colours together are beautiful.
Hugs, Sandra

The Wired Angel said...

This is stunning, Heather... lovely work. Thanks for joining us in my challenge at Mo's this week. Peggy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...