Tuesday 26 October 2010

Lovely Hanglars only

Lovely hAnglars only want a non-square easel card this week - GREAT - I've wanted to try a heart shaped easel card for some time so here was my opportunity. I also have cut and half made a heart shape box and a heart shaped  bag so I now need another challenge to finish these.


I have to say, the most difficult part of this was photographing it. I thought square ones were bad enough - this was nigh impossible.


This is the card closed - possibly the best photograph.


I use the largest scalloped heart for the base. I then cut a scalloped heart using the Tim Holtz vintage papers and placed a plain heart on top of this after I had embossed it with the cuttlebug Textile folder.  
As the whole thing is not too big I used one of the smaller hAnglars, coloured her in Copics, cut her out and sat her on a smaller heart.
I used a WOJ sentiment also on a smaller heart which I used for the stopper.
The leaves and flower is cut with a Crealies and a small rose placed in the center of the flower. The lace is from Bunny Zoe's and I attached some Magnolia chandeliers (if that's what they're called) around the lace and fastened them with a pearl brad.
Finally everything is liberally distressed using Victorian Velvet distress ink.

I am also entering this into the following two challenges

A Spoonful of Sugar - Die cutting or punches
Sentimental Sunday's - distressing
Photobucket

24 comments:

Christine said...

Wow Heather this is GORGEOUS love the soft Pink tones..so much detail still taking it all in...thanks for the inspiration..watch my space..LOL

smiles Christine xx

Cards By MI said...

Really sweet! Wonderful card creation. Love it to bits!
xMarie

Renkata said...

Gorgeous card. Amazing easel heart card.

Moni said...

Stunning card, so love the image and fab colouring. Love all details. Hugs,moni

Shazza said...

WOW,WOW,WOW this is so stunning, I am in love with it x

Sandie said...

Beautiful!! I love the heart shape and the shabby vintage look. My favourite hAnglar too :D

Camilla said...

So beautiful! Love the colours, and the heartshape is realy cool:)
Thank you for the inspiration!
Hugs, Camilla

G Peplow said...

Hi there Heather, I love your beautiful card, the shape is gorgeous the colours and textures all gorgeous. I think you're getting the picture?
LOVE it :0) xx

Sol said...

Amazing!!! The Flower embellishment you have made with the crealies are STUNNING! Great Colours and lovely colouring! Love the Details.

Sue said...

Wow this is soooo beautiful, what lovely soft pastel colouring you have achieved and the shape of the easel card is fab, Happy Crafting, Sue xx

Mandi said...

Absolutely FANTASTIC card Heather

A masterpiece!

mandi xx

Paula (PEP) said...

This is stunning with the softness of the monochromatic colouring. Astonishingly soft using Copics too - I really thought it was Distress Inks when at first glance. Love the floral die & all the layering of tone on tone is so sophisticated.
Paula (PEP)

Linda . J said...

Oh wow and wow such a beautiful card with lovely detail and love the colour combination. Love this image and your colouring is superb as usual.
Hugs Linda

Sandra1968 said...

Wow, this is an amazing card! Very lovely :-)
Hugs, Sandra

Sandra said...

Hello Heather!
Wonderful lovely heart. It´s so cute.

Hugs and kisses Paula

Julie said...

OMG Rica - how Your detailing is divine as is your colouring!! Absolute perfection! Juliexx

Anonymous said...

wow- thats so pretty!
Hugs
elma

angelwhispers said...

Wow this s so precious!!! Just love it the shape is beautiful and just aore all the detail and the image! Chanelle xxx

Christina C. said...

OMG...your card is DIVINE! Magnificent details!!

Riet said...

So wonderful card Heather,I love the image and the colours.
So beautiful papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Leigh said...

Oh a beautiful creation Heather. Just gorgeous.

dj1952 said...

Heather, the is fantastic! I don't get a chance to comment on all of the cards, but I do try to look at a few of the cards that I could see a little of. (That's why I really like the sites that use the thumbnail sketch of each of our cards. You did an excellant job on your card. Hugs, dj1952

P.S. My card is #49

Tameko said...

This card is beautiful. Love the heart shape. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!

Nicolchen said...

your card is totally gorgeous :0)))

thanks for playing with us at lho ;0)

Hugs Nicole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...